1. What information do the Services obtain and how is it used?
User Provided Information
The Services obtain the information you provide when you download and register the Services. Registration with us is optional. However, please keep in mind that you may not be able to use some of the features offered by the Services unless you register with us. When you register with us and use the Services, you generally provide (a) your email address, password and other registration information; (b) information you provide us when you contact us for help; (c) information you enter into our system when using the Services, such as addresses you have looked for.
We may also use the information you provided us to contact your from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition, the Services may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Services.
2. Do the Services collect precise real-time location information of the device?
When you visit the Services, we may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine where you are located and display a location map. This is only for the purpose of helping you while using the Services. We will not share your current location with other users or partners.
If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the Services located in your device settings and/or within the Services.
3. Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Services?
Yes. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
If ViviMi App is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
4. What are my opt-out rights?
You can stop all collection of information by the Services easily by uninstalling or stopping your use of the Services. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your device. You can also request to opt-out via email, at email@example.com.
5. Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Services and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain Automatically Collected information for up to 24 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Services to function properly.
We do not use the Services to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services. Please be aware that, although we endeavor provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
9. Your Consent
10. Contact us
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Services, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identify your browser or device.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies allow a site or services to know if your computer or device has visited that site or service before. Cookies can then be used to help understand how the site or service is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences, and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
What types of cookies does ViviMi App use?
There are generally four categories of cookies: “Strictly Necessary”, “Performance”, “Functionality” and “Targeting”. ViviMi App uses only two categories of cookies on the Services, “Strictly Necessary” and “Functionality”. You can find out more about each cookie category below.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Service and use its features, such as accessing logged in or secure areas.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you have used the Service. We do not use this kind of cookie.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow us to remember how you’re logged in. These cookies also allow us to tailor the Service to provide enhanced features and content for you and to remember how you’ve customized the Service in other ways, such as language and routing preferences. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous, and they are not used to track your browsing activity on other sites or services.
- Targeting Cookies. ViviMi App, our advertising partners or other third party partners may use these types of cookies to deliver advertising that is relevant to your interests. We do not use this kind of cookie.
How long will cookies stay on my device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
First and third party cookiesFirst-party cookies are cookies that belong to ViviMi App, third-party cookies are cookies that another party places on your device through our Services. Third-party cookies may be placed on your device by someone providing a service for ViviMi App, for example to help us understand how our service is being used. Third-party cookies may also be placed on your device by our business partners so that they can use them to advertise products and services to you elsewhere on the Internet.
How to control and delete cookies
If you want to delete cookies or you wish to disable your browser from receiving cookies follow the instructions at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies. Note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of our Services and other parts of our Services may not work properly.